[tn-moths] Re: [ncsc-moths] Re: Anisota

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

I guess I wasn't very clear in what information I was trying to get from this
post. All the pictures available online of Anisota virginiensis show a moth
without any black spotting so I was wondering if anyone else had seen this
species with the black spots.

This morning I received this information from another source.

"The southern populations of virginiensis (ssp pellucida) do often show some
light FW spotting. And based also on the purplish outer margin of the HW of
your specimen, it's definitely an A. virginiensis pellucida female."

http://tinyurl.com/Kens-Moths-2011
http://tinyurl.com/Night-Creatures
http://www.finishflagfarms.com