[tn-moths] Re: my 250th moth species photo

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:28:07 -0800 (PST)

I think you're referring to setting up a photo hosting page (darn AOL and their
email system).

Photobucket is a good one for free storage although you can't organize them as
well as you can on a pay site. Photobucket's limit on a free account is 1gb.
Based on the sizes of the photo you sent, that would be more than 10,000
photos.

Go here to setup a free account. http://photobucket.com

Here's a link to my page. I used to use it for a lot more but now that I have
my web pages setup, I use it mainly for temporary storage. The nice thing about
it is that once a picture is uploaded, all you need to do to share it is to
copy the link they provide below each picture. It's really great if you ever
post on bulletin board forums because the code is ready to go.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/

An example of using one of their links.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_7081.jpg

Maybe Larry can fill you in the pros and cons of using Flickr.

http://www.finishflagfarms.com