[tn-moths] Re: White County ID 2

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:18:45 -0500

Hugh and Bob,

Thanks for the assist.  In moth studies, we already have hair-thin distinctions
between species, variations (sometimes considerable) within species, and spotty
documentation nationwide.  I guess it should not surprise anyone that some of
the species themselves are "confused".

Onward and upward . . .

Doug Downs
Sparta, White County, TN

Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:29:57 -0400
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: White County ID 2
From: hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think this is another photo of Morrisonia confusa--see why it's named
confusa? :)

Hugh

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another moth from 04-24-2011.  Beyond something in Noctuidae, I have no idea
where to go with this one.  Any help appreciated.

Doug Downs
Sparta, White County, TN