[tn-moths] Re: Unidentified/undescribed moths

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know this for sure but I think they're using a number that isn't likely
to ever be needed for a confirmed species. Every now and then you find a .1 or
.2 and these are species that were described after the original Hodges numbers
were assigned. It would take a lot of new species to make it to .96!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.finishflagfarms.com