[tn-moths] Re: [TN-Butterflies] Re: FOYs

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:08:05 -0500

BAMONA records for TN butterflies are processed by me, and BAMONA records for
TN moths are processed by Jason Roberts.

For butterflies you may send photo plus date, site,  and name of photographer
directly to me or to TN-Butterflies, preferably the latter for all but very
rare species, whose locations probably do not need to be broadcast publicly.
If you can label your photos according to the guidelines at my website, that is
very helpful.

My last submission to BAMONA was made in late December. I plan to get another
submission ready for end of April 2010 including all county records that have
come to me this year as of that time, as well as all records from earlier years
that have been sent to me recently.

I'd be interested to know how the updating of moth records at BAMONA is going;
the last time I counted, there were about 250 moth species listed for TN at
BAMONA.  This seems way low, based on everything that is being mentioned on
TN-Moths.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville, Putnam County