[tn-moths] Green Cloverworm Moths

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:10:34 -0700 (PDT)

As I mentioned earlier this year, I've been taking pics of most of the Green
Cloverworm Moths that have come to the sheet. There has been the usual
variation in pattern, color and size but starting about 1 week ago, all I've
seen are large and have the same basic dark pattern. Numbers have been
increasing and last night they were the most common moth on the sheet. I'm
guessing that a new generation has emerged but it seems odd that all look the
same. Does anyone know if this is normal? Is there a typical summer form of
this moth?

These 2 are fairly representative of what I've seen lately.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/Moths%202011/Moths%202011%20temporary/08465-Hypena_scabra-GreenCloverwormMoth-IMG_3762.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/Moths%202011/Moths%202011%20temporary/08465-Hypena_scabra-GreenCloverwormMoth-IMG_3764.jpg

http://www.finishflagfarms.com