[tn-moths] Re: Grapeleaf folder vs. roller

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:15:23 -0700 (PDT)

5159 and 5160 look virtually identical so the only way to be sure of what you
have is by microscopic examination or size. D. funeralis has a wingspan of
21-28 mm and D. maculalis is 18-24 mm. If the wingspan is less than 21mm it's
probably D. maculalis and if it's over 24 mm it's probably D. funeralis.

http://tinyurl.com/Kens-Moths-2011
http://www.finishflagfarms.com