[tn-moths] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 15:48:58 -0500

Friends,
     The list below are moths which have come to my porch over the last
three weeks, but I have not had time to identify and send this list until
now.

     5159 Desmia funeralis - Grape Leaffolder
     7648E  Dyspteris aborivaria - Badwing Moth
     7915 Nadata gibbosa
     7787 Ceratomia undulosa - The Waved Sphinx
     7903 Datana angusii
     8442 Bomolocha baltimoralis
     8443 Bomolocha bijugalis
     6261E Heliomata cycladata
     7825 Paonias myops - The Small-eyed Sphinx
     7746 Automeris io - The IO Moth
     6763 Phaeoura quermaria
     6748 Pero ancetaria
     8721 Allotria elonympha - The False Underwing
     4624 Harrisina american - Grapeleaf  skeletonizer moth
     6077 Thyris lugubris - The mournful thyris
     6599 Epimecis hortoria - Tulip Tree Beauty Moth
     6240 Euthyatira pudens

     Last night was cool so almost nothing showed up so I turned the light
off about midnight.  Corrections welcome. I enjoy seeing the ones you see.
                                                         J. N. Howard, Fiery
Gizzard Cove, Marion County