[tn-moths] Re: Difference in Color

  • From: Diana Stock-Prescott <diana.stockprescott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:05:06 -0400

Hugh, This is when I first saw it the evening of June 1st. I lightly blew on it's wings and it opened for the second photo.

image/jpg

image/jpg

Diana Stock -Prescott
Knox Co, TN

On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Hugh McGuinness wrote:

BTW, it's pretty unuusal to get a male Promethea Moth at light. Can you re-send me the photo so I can look at it more carefully?

Hugh

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Diana Stock-Prescott <diana.stockprescott@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Ummmmm....because I didn't look hard enough?? lol!  Sorry , I got a lot of smart answers  for that question after just 4 hours of sleep. Well it's bird food ...I have the wings.
Diana Stock -Prescott
Knox Co, TN

On Jun 2, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Hugh McGuinness wrote:

Diana,

Why isn't the darker individual Callosamia promethea?

Hugh

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Diana Stock-Prescott <diana.stockprescott@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am always amazed at the difference in color of the same type of moth. #7765 Tulip Tree Silk Moth from May 28,2011 and June 1st 2011. Do they turn darker as they get older?

Diana Stock-Prescott
Knox Co, TN