[tn-moths] BOLD and BAMONA

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:02:52 -0700 (PDT)

Awhile back someone asked if BAMONA would accept BOLD records and I just
received a reply.

"We  could accept these data.  Someone would have to compile the data and
provide it to us in our spreadsheet format. Any new species not  currently in
the database would have to be added before we could upload  the data. If you
know who would compile the records – or someone from  BOLD who would export the
data – that’s the first step.  I will admit it  wouldn’t be a top priority
right
now.  We already have several large  datasets pending that we simply don’t have
time to process due to name  changes and errors."

 There are only 2 people working at BAMONA so it will probably be awhile before
anything could happen with this but at least we know it can be done.

http://www.finishflagfarms.com