[tn-moths] Re: A night of mothing in NY

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:34:50 -0400

Hugh,

Great account and interesting to see what you get on Long Island.  Many
familiar species and many I've never seen before.  I've read many of the
saturniids have all but disappeared in the northeast so I'm glad to see that
they are still hanging on in decent numbers, at least locally.  Speaking of
exotics, I have yet to encounter a single Noctua pronuba so far this season
(had plenty by this time last year) and I've never seen a gypsy moth in
North Carolina (and hope I never do).

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch