[TN-Butterflies] Re: butterfly punctuation

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:33:01 -0800 (PST)

When it comes to butterfly counts, it's not unusual to list things as
'Anglewing', 'dark Swallowtail' or 'brown Grass Skipper' when a definite ID
can't be made.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

________________________________
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 06:03:15 -0800 (PST)
From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Re: punctuation marks on Eastern Comma and
Question M

I found one shot of a QM with a comma marking. I don't have the facts to
prove it but I would bet that a QM with a comma is going to be a lot more
common that a Comma with a qm.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_2658.jpg

While searching for info on possible QM/Comma hybrids, I found this paper on
the possible evolutionary history of Polygonia species. It didn't answer my
question but there is some interesting info to be found if you can get past
the biologist speak.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/9/92#IDAVSPMK