[TN-Butterflies] Sody-Daisy, TN butterfly count totals and upcoming counts

  • From: "Bill Haley" <wgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:56:34 -0400

Hello all;

If you have any questions or need directions to one of the following
butterfly count meeting spots, please contact me at wgh@xxxxxxxxxx,
(423) 756-4106 (H) or (423) 326-9248 (cell). Come prepared!!!!! Bring $3
NABA fee, binoculars, sunblock, snacks and plenty of fluids to drink, as
it'll likely be very HOT! We will probably walk through overgrown, weedy
fields so you might consider long pants, tennis shoes or boots and bug
spray as well. Flip flops or crocs are NOT recommended footwear.

The Lookout Mountain, GA count will be conducted this Saturday, July 10.
We'll meet 9:30am Eastern on South Broad Street in Chattanooga in the
parking lot just past the Krystal on the right side of the road as you
come from downtown. We will caravan to the count circle in Chattanooga
Valley, about 8-10 miles away.

The Catoosa-Whitfield Co., GA count will be conducted Saturday, July 17.
We'll meet 9:30am Eastern at the intersection of East Brainerd Rd. and
Ooltewah-Ringgold Rd. and caravan to the count circle.

The Stevenson, AL count will be Saturday, July 31. We'll meet at 9:00am
at the Food Lion on Brown's Ferry Rd. or you can meet me at Stevenson
City Park at 10:00am Eastern.

Here are the totals from the Soddy-Daisy butterfly count, done on Sat.,
June 26, 2010. Six observers in one party, from 0815-1700 hrs., temps
were very hot, 84-96 F.

Pipevine Swallowtail - 1

Black Sw. - 3

Spicebush Sw. - 1