[TN-Butterflies] More on Cloudywing confusion

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:32:13 -0700 (PDT)

Recently David Trently posted a shot of a cloudywing wondering if it was a
Confused or a Northern.

I saw this cloudywing today and assumed it was a Northern but since you never
know, I took a couple of shots. It probably is a Northern but it has traits of
a Confused. Other than dissection or DNA testing, does anyone know how to be
sure which it is? There are only BAMONA county records for Confuseds in TN but
I'm betting that many of us have seen one.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_7465.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_7464.jpg

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.