[TN-Butterflies] Marshall Co. FOY

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:20:47 -0400 (EDT)

Mar. 21, 2011, Henry Horton State Park, Marshall County TN

I had to be at Henry Horton SP today, so I took an hour this afternoon to
scout out the butterflies on Wilhoyte Trail and River Road. All below
should be First-Of-Year for the county.

Falcate Orangetip  ~30 males & ~10 females. Most females seen were
nectaring, on a small chickweed etc., and in a rocky area on glade cress.  A
few
males were nectaring.
Cabbage White - 1
E. Tiger Swallowtail - 2
Juniper Hairstreak - 1 - finally, I see something besides bumble  bees
nectaring on Henbit!

My first odonates for the year - Fragile Forktail, 2 males at a sinkhole
pond.

Richard Connors
Nashville