[TN-Butterflies] Re: Little Yellow

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

Since the topic of conversation is Little Yellows, I decided to do a quick run
of the back part of the property to see how many I could find. It's about 12
acres and includes some horse pasture and some semi-wild areas. In the
semi-wild
areas I've cut random paths through the brush so I could get access to most of
it. It seems, quite by accident, that I've created just what Little Yellows
want
because in 15 minutes I found 26 Little Yellows of which 2 were very white
females.

Lots of other butterflies were seen. Of note was 1 definite Confused Cloudywing
with another possible one.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County