[TN-Butterflies] First of the year Gulf Fritillary and ID help request

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:02:25 -0400

Yesterday was a good day for butterflies at my home.  I was able to
photograph a first of the year Gulf Fritillary, much earlier than last year.

Also seen and photographed were Silver-spotted Skipper, Little Glassywing,
and Zabulon Skipper.

A skipper was photographed that appears to be a Tawny-edged, but may be some
other species, such as Northern Broken-dash.  Assistance with this ID is
requested.  Photos may be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/6011452001/in/photostream

Thanks for your help,

Harold Howell
Loafer's Roost, Grainger County
Rutledge, TN

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.