[TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Shelby County

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ken Childs <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:25:55 -0500

There is a very large percentage of black females, at least 70 percent of all
the females were black.  Many of these were very worn, so I'm not sure if these
are spring brood or if the first summer brood came early and is already on the
way out.  In any event, there are lots of Tigers here in the Memphis area and
not just the basketball playing types!

Bart Jones

Memphis, Shelby County

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:16:40 -0700
From: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Shelby County
To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What percentage of the Tigers were black females? I'm not seeing huge numbers
of Tigers but it's more than I'd usually see this time of year and about 30%
have been black.

I also saw one yesterday that was so light that from a distance I thought it
was a Zebra.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County