[TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Knox County

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

The Trial Garden at UT-Knoxville is not usually a very good place for
butterflies. I've gone out there occasionally and found very few most of the
time. My guess was that it is because almost all of the flowers are non-native
varieties.
Today there were a good number of Sachems plus a few Silver-spotted Skippers,
Spicebush & E Tiger Swallowtails, along with the Painted Ladies. That is a
typical assortment of species there, though today there were more than usual.
 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN