[TN-Butterflies] Elizabethton butterfly count rescheduled

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:30:11 -0400 (EDT)

The butterfly count at Elizabethton was rained out Sunday.  We will try again
on Saturday, August 13, meeting at 9 am at the Visitor Center at Sycamore
Shoals State Park.  We will walk and count in the park and surrounding fields
through the morning.  Bring lunch and we will picnic at the park, (or fast food
is just down the street).  After lunch we will drive to Panhandle Rd. on
Holston Mtn.  We often find Diana Fritillaries there, and the wildflowers are
usually abundant.  Call me if you have questions - (423) 483-0470.  Come on out
and see!

Don Holt, compiler
Johnson City, TN