[TN-Butterflies] Eastern Pine Elfin - 4/9/09 - Catoosa Co., GA

  • From: David Hollie <featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:47:54 -0500

I was wondering how many butterflies would be out with the brief freeze we
had the other night. I was not disappointed at all, I probably saw more
species than any day so far this year.The highlight of the day was an
Eastern Pine Elfin that cooperated very well allowing close up photos.
Here's the list for the day (everything is from my yard in Catoosa Co.,
Georgia):

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail - 2
Dark Swallowtail sp (probably dark Eastern Tiger, only seen in flight at a
distance)
Zebra Swallowtail - 1 (first time in the yard)
Clouded Sulphur - 1
Orange Sulphur - 3
Sulphur Sp. - 20+
Falcate Orangetip - 9+
Eastern Tailed-Blue - 2
Eastern Pine Elfin - 1 (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3426323675/)
American Lady - 1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3427138034/
 )
Monarch - 1
Pearl Crescent - 1 (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3426329619/)
Juvenal's Duskywing - 3 (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3426328467/)
Duskywing Sp. - 5+ - Is it still to early for Horace's? If so, when should
the be out?(http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/3427136856/)

Good Butterflying!

David Hollie
Ringgold, GA
Catoosa Co.
The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.