[TN-Butterflies] Black Swallowtail caterpillars

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:52:17 -0700 (PDT)

They finally showed up. I noticed a chrysalis forming on one of my Zinnias so I
started taking a closer look at my Fennel. In the past 2 days I found about a
dozen medium to large caterpillars scattered all over the many plants that I
have. This evening I was outside grilling dinner and during one of my breaks
noticed some small black things on one of the plants. I found another 30+ tiny
caterpillars that are probably 1 to 2 days old.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com