[TN-Butterflies] BAMONA for Chester County

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:39:51 -0800 (PST)

I've been wanting to get an in-flight shot of a White Sulphur so when I saw one
hanging around the Lantana, I ran inside and grabbed the camera. When I got
back outside, it was gone so I searched around and saw it about 50 feet away
feeding on some petunias. Miraculously, it had changed into a Cabbage White!
Awhile later, it changed back into a White Sulphur and I was able to get one
acceptable shot.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_2379.jpg

From my limited experience, Cabbage Whites seem to prefer urban areas so I was
happy to see one of these city folk take a trip to the country. I really
thought my BAMONA submissions for 2009 were long over but in this case, I was
happy to be wrong.

Cabbage White, Pieris rapae
Ken Childs
11/5/09
Finish Flag Farms
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_2370a.jpg

Here's the cut and paste name:
BFLYBWHcabbagewhiteHendersonChesterCoTN5November09KChilds.jpg

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.