[TN-Butterflies] BAMONA Knox Co white-M hairstreak

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:29:37 -0400

After a day seeing some of the rarest plants in Big South Fork NRRA, lots of
red-spotted purples, and only two other species of butterfly, I returned to
downtown Knoxville to find a tattered white-M hairstreak on a weed in a
gravel lot. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Are there any other
hairstreaks with that rich, iridescent blue upperwing with thick black
borders?

side view: http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/14910/592800.jpg
top view: http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/14910/592799.jpg

Rikki Hall