[TN-Bird] upcoming Knox Co Fall Count - 29 Sept 2013

  • From: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

The state TOS meeting conflicts with the traditional date of the Knox Co
Fall Count this year which means we will lose some of our normal
participants.  Please contact me if you would be interested in
participating.  Announcement is below.

Thanks,
Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN

Knox County Fall Count

The annual Knox County Fall Bird Count will be held on Sunday,
29 September 2013.

Everyone is encouraged to participate by joining a group in the field or
(for those living in Knox County) counting birds in your own backyard and
neighborhood. For more information on how you can participate, if you
would like to join a group, or would like some suggestions on places to
count, please contact the compiler, Dean Edwards (see below for contact
information).  It is also very important to contact the compiler if you
normally work the count but are unable to do so this year so that we can
get someone else to cover your territory.

Please submit your count results to the compiler as soon as possible.
There are no fees for participating in this count. Please note, your
results should include all of the following:

- a checklist including the tally for each species identified
- names of all participants with contact information for at
least one person
- location(s) you counted
- time of day you counted
- number of hours spent counting by foot, by car, and/or by boat
plus hours spent feeder/backyard watching and owling
- number of miles covered while counting by foot, by car and/or
by boat and miles covered while owling
- documentation including written details and photos (if
possible) of any rare species.

Compiler contact information:
Dean Edwards
kde@xxxxxxx
1615 Meadow Chase Ln, Knoxville  TN  37931
(C) 865-660-9701

               Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                        Clemson, SC

                       MAP RESOURCES