[TN-Bird] Re: tn-bird Digest V12 #140

  • From: Lisa Powers <froghavenfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 01:20:05 -0500

In order to get the state bird changed you would need a sponsor from the senate
and the house to write and bring the bill before the state legislature. As
someone has already suggested you would need to provide justification and also
research the background of the mockingbird as our state bird. It can be a long
and drawn out process so you need to be well organized and stay on top of it. I
know because I was the one charged with spearheading the push for the box
turtle and Tennessee cave salamander and we almost lost it be aide the
scheduler assured me it would not be up for a vote while I was off helping on a
cave gate. Thankfully a young school girl was there and saved the day...and the
law!
Lisa Powers
Sent from my iPhone

               Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan