[tn-bird] Re: [ten-bird] Re: Swallowtail in my yard

  • From: "LIA PRITCHARD" <GOVOLCRAZY@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:48:35 -0500

Robert and others,
We bought my father a Swarovski scope for a retirement present, since he will
have more time for birding now.  He has birded for the last 50 years and
thought that he had a good scope until we got this one for him.  This thing is
unreal, the clarity and color is awesome, it seems like you could reach out and
touch the bird.  You can really see details and the darker it gets at night or
in the early am don't seem to make a difference, it pulls in so much light it
seems like its day time.  Of course the draw back to this scope is the price,
with the tripod and the canvas case the total was around 1700.00, and it is a
little heavy to carry but does come with a sling to make this easier.  Eagle
optics had the best prices that we found and they will ship you 2 scopes at a
time so you can try them and it you don't like them you can send them back
paying only the postage, or if you are lucky enough there will be a store close
to you that carries top line optics so you can go and look for yourself.  One
thing I did learn in the search for the perfect scope was that you definitely
get what you pay for with optics.  I would however suggest you set your price
limit before you start looking this will help narrow the field.  Good luck.
Lia Pritchard
Fall Branch, TN