[TN-Bird] swainson's warbler dearth this year?

  • From: "Stephen Stedman" <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:49:05 -0500

I have recorded only one Swainson's Warbler this year so far (in Morgan
County during the Oliver Springs BBS), and I have heard of very few
being found in their usual Upper Cumberland haunts this breeding season
(one near Jett Bridge in the Obed Wild and Scenic River, Morgan Co., TN,
one at Natural Arch, Daniel Boone Nat. For., McCreary Co. KY, and
several in the Little Lick area of the Daniel Boone Nat. For. in Pulaski
Co., KY).  I'm wondering if others have had the same experience in or
out of the Region in Tennessee or Kentucky, or if my experience (and
that of several others) is just a case of bad timing.

Fill me in, Steve Stedman
Cookeville, TN