[TN-Bird] some white county birds

  • From: "Stephen J. Stedman" <sstedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:37:36 -0500

Doug Downs and I made a trip into a large, private marsh
located in northern White County July 1. We flushed an
American Bittern and a Virginia Rail from the marsh and
also had 2 Willow Flycatchers.  During a return trip to
the marsh July 4, Ed LeGrand and I flushed the bittern
again and also heard/saw 3 Henslow's Sparrows.
Since this marsh is private, access to it is limited to
those who have the landowner's permission to enter.
Doug has permission to enter the site and in the future
would be glad to hear from anyone wishing to make a foray into the marsh, but
for the time being he has pressing
family obligations and cannot guarantee he will be able
to lead any trips on short (or even long) notice; when
that situation changes, he will put a notice on the list-
serv to that effect.  His email: douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx

I plan to try to locate the Henslow's this Friday
morning for local birders; drop a line if you want to
know when and where to meet Friday morning.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville, TN