[TN-Bird] second-hand report of Chestnut-collared Longspur

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:47:45 -0600

I received second-hand word today that Jeff Wilson apparently photographed
a Chestnut-collared Longspur at the Ensley Pits in Shelby County either
today or on the 11th (it is unclear which).  Since no one else has posted
about it, I thought I would pass that along for those who might be
interested in looking for it.  I do not have any more specific information
about where exactly at the pits it was seen.  If anyone goes, please post
updates.  Photos would be most appreciated, since this species has never
been documented with a photo, specimen, or sound recording in the state.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com