[TN-Bird] Re: sad news

  • From: Dev Joslin <devjoslin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tonyheadrk@xxxxxxx" <tonyheadrk@xxxxxxx>, Tennessee Bird listserve <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:04:32 -0600

That is indeed sad news, Tony.  Thanks for informing us.  Boyd was a delight to
bird with.  He will truly be missed.  My two favorite memories are:  Whenever
someone came up with a questionable ID for a bird, Boyd would just say, "Well
it's your list."  And if someone suggested going out birding in the rain, he
would roll his eyes and mutter something like, "Birding in the rain is just
nuts."

Dev and Harriet Joslin
Monteverde, Costa Rica

To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] sad news
From: tonyheadrk@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:52:56 -0400

i am very sad to report the passing of long time KTOS member Boyd Sharp..Boyd
was a great friend to many birders around our area and will be greatly missed
in the birding community..he died yesterday the 29th after a long illness..on a
personal note,Boyd and I spent a lot of time birding and doing Christmas
counts,he always wanted to get it right when identifying birds.He was a great
mentor to myself and many others..services are pending..check the Knoxville
newspaper for details..we now have lost two great birders and personalities
with passing recently of Nancy Tanner and now Boyd..Boyd would want those who
knew him to"always remember to look up".. as he told me many,many
times..goodbye my dear friend