[TN-Bird] Re: request for e-bird users

  • From: Bill Pulliam <littlezz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:46:56 -0500

Not all eBird users are on TN birds, however. I have the same complaint about info that is only shared on Facebook, since it is essentially useless to me in the world of lousy internet that I live in (eBird, on the other hand, works fine on low bandwidth).

Bill Pulliam
Hohenwald TN

On Sep 2, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Terry Witt wrote:

I know e-bird is a valuable resource, and the data received can be helpful to both professional as well as amateur ornithologists. That being said, it is a poor place to only put records there, of uncommon to rare species that others might want to try and relocate.

In Middle Tennesse, there is also a thread on Facebook that many people are using to report sightings.

Could everyone please put anything of significance on Tn-bird, and post anything you like on these other sites, that are not designed to share info on short notice.

This note was precipitated by the news that I drove right by Hatchie NWR on Sunday, only to find out later in the day that 2 Tricolored Herons were seen there the day before, and posted on e-bird

Aargh

Cheers

Terry Witt
Murfreesboro Tn