[TN-Bird] rambling postings and license plates

  • From: "Anna Varney" <arvarney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:07:52 -0600

TN-Birders,

If you don't want to read what someone writes, that might be your loss.  I
admit that at one time I did not read all of the postings.  That was my loss.
What a bounty of great information!  And for free!  Keep it up, Jeff.

Then I discovered that a lot of the subscribers have a wonderfully subtle sense
of humor that they weave into their posts.  I've gone to the archives to read
everything that that person (Charlie Muise) has contributed.

Others have a wicked sense of humor (namely J.W. Coffey) that they share with
everyone from time to time.  It is truly a pleasure when this happens--hey, we
need all the humor we can get these days!  I admire all of you and have gained
knowledge in the meantime.

Regarding 'Bluebird' tags--the issue of 'bang for the buck' has been discussed
here before.  My first choice would have been 'Animal Friendly' or 'Pet
Friendly'--but only a small amount of the fee goes to the cause of feeding,
caring for, trying to find homes for and finally euthanasia for all the
unwanted throwaway pets in our society.  I can do much better to eliminate the
state and contribute directly to the Humane Society.  So, here is an option for
anyone that does not want to pay the increase--go with the regular state tag
that has not increased in cost and send a check directly to the cause of your
choice.

Anna Varney
Summertown, TN
Lewis County
Take a left at the brown dog right after the hippie school bus