[TN-Bird] probable Trumpeter Swan, Greenback, Blount Co.

  • From: Scott Somershoe <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:04:16 +0000

I just received info about a probable Trumpeter Swan at the Maple Lane Farms in
Greenback, Blount Co.

As far as I know, there are no photos, so I'm not sure if it is a Tundra or
Trumpeter (or I guess Mute for that matter), but the bird is apparently hanging
out at a large pond by the corn maze.  Those interested might call the farm for
info and for potential access to check it out.  I'm not familiar with this farm
and don't know about potential for access.  The address/contact for the farm is
1040 Maple Lane, Greenback, TN 37742, (865) 604-3517.

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency