[TN-Bird] Re: (no subject)

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: MOURNLIGHT@xxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:56:20 EST

In a message dated 3/21/2006 1:29:28 A.M. Central Standard Time,
MOURNLIGHT@xxxxxxx writes:
A pair  of Kingfishers seems to be nesting on the 1.5 acre lake here.  I
believe I've located their nest in a cavity of a tree that's standing dead
in the
water, about 12 feet above the water.

Nesting in old tree cavities is a rare occurrence in Belted Kingfishers as
they usually excavate long tunnels in bare earthen banks. It would be good to
monitor this pair, getting as much documentation as possible on this  nesting
such as dates, photos and success.

Good Birding  !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6298 Memphis-Arlington Road