[TN-Bird] new Sibley guide

  • From: "Shane H. Williams" <shanehwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tennessee Bird List" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:00:41 -0500

I hate to advertise but the 2nd edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds (the large
one that covers all of North America) will be out on March 11 for those
interested. It has over 600 new illustrations, including 115 rare species, and
the illustrations will be 15-20% larger and digitally re-mastered. The text,
maps, and taxonomic order will be updated too. It has a nice Magnolia Warbler
on the cover rather than the Red-tailed Hawk. I pre-ordered one on Amazon for
39% less than the cover price. I don't know if that discount will still be
availiable after release so I thought I'd mention the new edition.

Shane Williams
Knoxville, TN