[TN-Bird] nest cams

  • From: "Carole Gobert" <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:24:10 -0400

I've been watching a couple of live action video feeds from Germany that I
can highly recommend.  One is of a stork's nest at The Stork Center at
Vetschau where two young storks can be clearly seen on the nest with one or
sometimes both parents.  There's a 6 hour time difference, of course, so you
can't look too late in the day. The website is www.storchennest.de.  The
other I just found yesterday.  It's a barn own nest. If you go to
http://webplaza.pt.lu/gklares and click on the image of the barn own, it
will take you to the web cam.  Yesterday when I looked I couldn't see much
but today there were two barn owls walking around and flapping their wings.

www.newyorkwild.org also has a few webcams.  The best is a squirrel's nest
with an image that refreshes every 3 seconds so it's almost like streaming
video (which the two German sites are).

Carole Gobert
Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee