[TN-Bird] Re: mealworms and science

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'comeback@xxxxxxxx'" <comeback@xxxxxxxx>, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:57:25 -0500

James,

In my experience with mealworms, it is not true that if not killed they eat
through the stomachs of songbirds.  I have been feeding dozens of species of
birds (from leafbirds to woodwarblers) mealworms for fifteen years in both a
zoo and aquarium settings.

I cant wait till this feeder watch Tn-list period is over!  Enough already!

Kevin Calhoon
Chattanooga, TN