[TN-Bird] male hummingbird

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:59:10 -0400

TN-Birders:
My male hummingbird showed itself three times in
a fifteen minute period of time just a while ago.

While I could see no color
I did glimpse the bird from the side
as it flew away from the feeder.

I am now almost certain it is a Ruby-throat.
The tail was too long to be a Black-chinned.   :>(
I'll keep watching and hope for a glimpse
tomorrow with some light.

I have not seen a male RT HU at home since October 1
this year.  My last female/ immature at home this year
was October 16.  My last fall record (female/ immature)
at home has been October 24.

Carol Fegarido
Collegedale - Chattanooga
Hamilton county - TN