[TN-Bird] hummingbirds

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:07:23 -0400

Returning home on Tuesday evening from two weeks in southern AZ,  I was
delighted to find that I have scores of hummingbirds.  The numbers are not what
they were last fall, but I am seeing as many as twenty at a time in one glance.
 I have nine feeders  around the house.

I was surprised that none of my Pineapple Sage plants are blooming yet.  For
the past two years since I've had them they were in bloom by late July.  I
thought these plants were the big factor in attracting so many hummers.  Hope
that the good fertilizing I did yesterday will bring out the flowers.

Is everyone else having the big numbers of hummers at this time?

Praying for another winter hummer this year.

Carol Fegarido
Apison, TN
Hamilton county