[TN-Bird] Re: e-bird users

  • From: "Jim Arnett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jimboa68@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 08:46:04 -0500

As a new member of the group, I'm not sure what birds to report to TN-Bird.
I've seen some early fall migrants lately but they're not considered "rare" or
even "uncommon" so I haven't reported them.  I hate to clutter up inboxes for
observations that not many are interested in.  So another benefit of eBird is
that I can report my birds, and those who are interested in a specific area
(county, "hotspot", etc.) can see them.  I personally always check eBird before
I go out to see what's been reported recently.

Again, I'm new to all this, and am trying to learn the best way to share
information.

Jim Arnett
Nashville, TN