[tn-bird] Re: digital cameras

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:32:46 -0600

I use a Sony FD-95 and of course, it has that delay in the shutter release.
The trick is to partly press the release which "freezes" the image and then
after a second or two, the "frozen" image will once again become active so
you can see what is taking place.  Watch until the view you want occurs
through the viewfinder/screen and then press the shutter the rest of the way
to record the image.

If you are new to digital cameras, be aware that after the image is
captured, it takes a few seconds to record it onto the diskette (if your
camera uses a diskette or memory stick).  During this time, you must not
bump or jar the camera or it may damage or fail to record the image
properly.  I have had this happen only one time in over a year of digital
imaging, but I am very careful that the camera receives no jarring.

Jesse Livingston
Troy, TN
-