[TN-Bird] Re: cormorant expulsion

  • From: "michael sylva" <mtnsylva@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bnuts" <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TN-bird" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:43:46 -0400

Aha!  Seeing a bald eagle in the center of the evacuated cormorant rookery, I
assumed it had caused the evacuation.  In fact, the 2 great horned owls may
have scared them off.  Yesterday, I noticed several cormorant squadrons flying
toward the Nolichucky River, where they've also roosted in previous years.
Michael Sledjeski
Cocke county TN