[TN-Bird] chickadee fight

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:22:11 -0500

I had to break up a chickadee fight in my driveway this morning.  I
initially thought it was an injured bird in the driveway but I drove up and
realized it was two chickadees locked in combat.  They were so oblivious to
me that I walked right up and scooped them up.  One had its foot around the
other one's head, and the other one had chomped down under the wing of its
opponent.  I had to use a surprising amount of force to separate them.  They
both gave me a thank you bite and then took off chasing each other again.

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com