[TN-Bird] birding blount co today

  • From: cindy nowlin <flphotosbycindy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:37:04 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Warrens post, I decided to look up and check
out some areas he recently mentioned. First stop,
Louisville Point Park. I have to say, for the first
time since moving from FL to TN I finally felt this
was my first real birding day. Saw lots of
goldfinches, 1 junco, several brown headed nuthatches,
several bluebirds, 1 kingfisher (female) 2 carolina
wrens, several different sparrows, didn?t really get
that great of looks, they were quick. And I swear I
saw a brown creeper, just checked Warrens post and yep
I was right. Just missed getting a photo, saw him went
to take a photo and he was gone. Might go out again to
enjoy more birds.

Thought he saw the buffleheads at Louisville Point
Park, but just read his post again and it was Miser
Park. Need to find out where that is as I would love
to see and photograph them. Also went out to Poland
Park, not much but a male kingfisher who didn?t want
his photo taken. But at least I know where these
places are and will go back again very soon. Going to
Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge with KTOS on Sat, so
looking forward to more new birds.

I was a huge birder in FL, lived in central FL and had
Ft Desoto, Merritt Island wildlife refuge and other
local places as my birding playground for many years.
I am finding I miss it, although I love the mountains
and beauty of east TN. In FL I use to go out alone all
the time birding and never worried, but here, I am not
too fond of worrying about bears and other stuff when
out walking, so haven?t done much. Had a close call at
cades cove coming up on a bear a few weeks after
moving here. But it took pity and didn?t kill this
Florida girl. At least with the places I went today,
no bears in sight, so I was more relaxed and could
enjoy it more.

Cindy Nowlin
Maryville, TN  Blount Co
http://www.eyetoeyephotos.net