[TN-Bird] bbs in cannon/coffee/bedford counties available

  • From: "Stephen J. Stedman" <sstedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:18:23 -0600

Since the topic of useful versus feckless birding
activity is on the docket, let me note that after
20 years of conducting the Bradyville BBS in
Cannon, Coffee, and Bedford counties, I am going
to allow someone else to conduct it starting this year
(2005).
This route usually offers a good variety of birdlife,
but is not overly good for warblers.  I have achieved
species totals ranging from 59-77 species over the
past two decades.

If you are assigned this route by the state BBS
coordinator and you want assistance in learning
the stops, let me know, and I will be glad to take
you over the route (the same way that Katherine
Goodpasture took me over the route 20 years ago).

I am providing the BBS office with a description of
the stops for the route, but I can also send one to
anyone assigned the route.

I also run the Wrigley BBS southwest of Nashville.
I plan to run it this year and in 2006, after which it,
too, will be available to someone else.

In case the Smoky Junction BBS in Scott Co.
ever needs someone to run it, I would like to do
so.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville, TN