[TN-Bird] Re: baby owls, warblers, moths and such

  • From: "Rick Knight" <RKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:33:12 -0500

Wallace, Dean et al.,
The Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Tennessee (Nicholson 1997) provides
the following egg & nestling dates for Great Horned Owls in Tenn.:

egg dates:  2 Jan - 20 Mar.
nestling dates:  9 Feb - 24 May

So, nestlings in mid Jan. would certainly be a notable extension of the
known nesting period & should be verified.

Rick Knight
Johnson City, TN
rknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx