[TN-Bird] .....and then there were three

  • From: "wodu1440 tds.net" <wodu1440@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:15:41 -0500

Clayton Ferrell
Tennessee NWR
Duck RIver Unit
Pool 3
Humphreys County
06/09/11

Well the sandhills decided to show themselves again and they brought along a
friend.  They are very skittish, even of vehicles.  I finally got some
pictures of them today by stalking through a tree line.  Nothing great but
more than enough for ID perposes.  I could not see any sign of bands on
them.  Does anyone have any information on the rarity of sandhill cranes in
June in TN?  If you want to see pictures then drop me a note.

Clayton