[tn-bird] Re: about Mark Bennett

  • From: Rikki Hall <rikki@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A TN-Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:35:11 -0500 (EST)

Viruses do not have anything to do with the character or intelligence of
the person whose computer was infected.  They are strictly a consequence
of the design of the Windows operating system.  It was designed before
people routinely attached their machines to the Internet, and it lacks the
infrastructure necessary for secure networked operation.

If anyone deserves blame for the existence of viruses, it is monopolist
Bill Gates.

Rikki Hall