[TN-Bird] Yesterday on Foothills Pkway

  • From: moorephotography@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:55:19 +0000 (UTC)

Yesterday (4 -1-15) a gorgeous sunny calm day.
Trip along the Foothills Parkway (Townsend, TN side) to
the end at the lake, then to Abram Falls area)

(7) Black Throated Green Warblers
( 2) Black and White Warblers- ( At the tower lookout area )My first for Spring
(2) Yellow-Throated Warblers
(1) WORM EATING WARBLER- I thought it very early for this species, so when I
heard it singing, stayed around until I saw him to make sure not a Chipping
Sparrow. Habitat was totally wrong for Sparrow anyhow, but this is an early
record for me for WE Warbler.
-Pine Warbler
(2) Louisiana Waterthrush (Along creek road to Abram Falls area)
(7 or 8) Blue-Headed Vireo
2 Ospreys were soaring over the lake at end of the parkway (Maryville side)
Wonderful day to be out!

Nell Moore
Caryville, TN